Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining with Ginny this week in the Yarn Along.  It has been awhile since I had a chance to participate, but these gnomes of  Tonya are to cute to resist.
My summer reading has been all Juliette de Bairacli. I first read her Herbal for Farm and Stable and wonder WHY I had not read her before.  She was a charming eccentric lover of animals, herbalist, mother and gypsy.  She is a wise teacher and herbal mentor.  All her books, I have read thus far, inspire and remind me why I started studying herbalism years ago. If you are at all inspired to learn to appreciate herbs, I would highly recommend her books. 

3 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I have never read anything by de Bairacli, but after your wonderful review I will give her a try. Thanks. xx

Emily said...

Tonya's gnomes are taking over the yarn along! :)

Leanne said...

Susun Weed recommends her - I must try and find her books!